Day 3- Pennsylvania State Capitol


Advertisement
Published: July 31st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


The Next day was a beatutiful warm sunny day and we started the day with city tour by sheldon Munn who kew so much about Harrisburg that we were just bombaredered from all directions. i also found out that there were 14 bridges acrross Susquehanna Riverin harrisburg.



Then we went to the Broad Street Market Harrisburg, the book gallery and the grandeur State Capitol. Having taken a course in Art History during my undergrad where i learnt art by Picasso, Van Gogh, Bernini, Michael Angelo, etc i was just excited to check out the beautiful architecture and the clever piece of craftsmanship. Owing to the fact that Pennsylvania is strategically situated between north and south it has lot of significance. The interior of state capitol consists of House Chamber, Senate Chamber and Supreme Court Chamber. This triggered a debate about whether we should spend so much public money in buildings like these and in my opinion why not??? when architectural buildings like these symbolize so many core values of a country it is necessary to cherish that.



Then we headed back to hotel to prepare for the Carlisle trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb