Day 1 Toronto-Harrisburg, PA Bus Ride


Advertisement
Published: July 30th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


My first trip to Pennsylvania, USA started as a bus ride from George Brown College, St James campus and our group had 7 members: Kanika, Alvina, Doris, Jun, munkhnast, Joao and myself.

As we drove towards the US from Toronto we drove past the buildings that the American burnt down during the battle of York. The Battle of York was fought on Tuesday, 27 April 1813, in present-day Toronto in Canada, between American forces and the British defenders of York during the War of 1812. As the bus arrived at beautiful Niagara falls, we got the visas and passports ready for customs at the border. Surprisingly, there was not a long queue so we were able to pass the screening pretty quickly.

As we entered the beautiful country of USA we drove past the amazing country side of the state of New York before arriving at the Welcome Center in Pennsylvania. This place was a conserved territory which was preserved to discourage mining, however Ed spoke about how fracking(Hydraulic fracturing for shale gas) is gaining momentum in the US. Then we discussed how it affects the environment and might harm the nature.

We also stopped at a little town called Liberty for lunch which is significant because many towns in the United States Of America are named liberty owing to the fact that they like to symbolize America with liberty.

By dusk, we reached Crown Plaza Hotel, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and i went for a walk to a provision store near my hotel wherein i could see that compared to Toronto there were very few people moving around which shows that Harrisburg is a less busy city.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb