Blog 11 -- quirky stuff


Advertisement
Published: October 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

shortest international bridgeshortest international bridgeshortest international bridge

These are two islands joined by a bridge. One is in the US and one, Canada. The story goes that when the couple in the house got into a fight, the husband would leave the country . . .
I really enjoy taking photos of things which are purported to be “the biggest . . . ,” “the oldest . . .,” “the heaviest . . .,” etc. and also really quirky stuff. Following are a few dandies. About the cheese -- In 1893, a 22,000 chunk of cheese was shipped from Perth, Ontario to Chicago for the World's Colombian Exposition on the Canadian Pacific Railroad's World's Fair Cheese Train. This cheese, which was 6' high and 28' in circumference, required what would amount to 1 day's milk from 10,000 cows. That's a lot of milk and a lot of cheese. ************************************************************************************
By the way, I’ve just added a few people whom I meant to include from the beginning of this blogging process. Sorry for the delay. You can easily catch up with the ones you missed by clicking on "previous blogs" toward the top of the page.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Whoop-a-ToneWhoop-a-Tone
Whoop-a-Tone

I guess this stuff changed the tone of the whooping?
Whoop-a-Tone labelWhoop-a-Tone label
Whoop-a-Tone label

This is from a museum in Perth, Ontario, as is the cheese.
the remaining cheesethe remaining cheese
the remaining cheese

This is it -- what's left of 22,000 pounds of cheese. Not all that appealing, eh?
Goodyear DealerGoodyear Dealer
Goodyear Dealer

From Lancaster, PA.
Home OfficeHome Office
Home Office

Goodness! Would you believe?! Even better, this is located in Paradise, PA. -- Christ's Home for Children.


Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb