Oregon Coast


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon
September 29th 2008
Published: October 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Spent the day driving down the Oregon coast today. The weather was warm, however the fog decided to roll in as well. Pretty bizzare to have warm air and be surrounded in fog. Coastline is very reminicent of the Great Ocean Rd, with steep cliffs' and craggy rock formations. Although it was hard to see because of the fog. The highway is littered with little towns throughout much like the G.O.R., but they are a little more on the quaint and quirky side. The Great Ocean Rd shops are dressed up as run down little sea shanties and worth millions, whereas the one's on the coast here are real run down seaside shanties, and by the looks of them not worth much. There seems to be a lot of real estate and business'/shops for sale, probably a sign of the way things are going over here.
Lots of big old houses perched right on the cliffs sitting on some prime real estate, though noone seems to be living in them, like Lorne or Anglesea I suppose.
Although the money crisis here doesnt seem to be hurting the RVers, or campervans. They are huge, in size and numbers. There is literally thousands of them driving around.
First road kill today. 1 big fat seagull.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



2nd October 2008

coast views
fantastic photos you travellers looks like lots of pines trees know how you love them

Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb