Del Norte County


Advertisement
Published: October 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Driving thru tree 2 secs
The world's tallest trees, rugged Pacific coastline and scenic rivers combine to make Del norte County one of the nation's most enchanting areas. We travelled through one of the Redwoods State Parks and you can not see in the photos how enormous these trees are until you are up nice and close they just go on and on for ever when you look up into the sky. We took the Newton B Drury Scenic Pk hwy and then back onto the 101 stopped in at Elk Meadows tuned into the radio station which talked about the Elk but didn't tell you if there was any, sounded like there was a good chance we might see some, pulled in and guess what, no bloody Elk. The travelling on the Redwood Hwy 101 was pretty good and you could see trees up close along the highway. Stoped in at the Trees of Mystery, they had tree which is in the Ripleys Believe it or not and the sky Trail which takes you on a ride amoung the tree tops in a cable cart up to the Summit which gives you the breathtaking mountain, forest and ocean views (which on the sign has vistas here).
Headed through the Ave of the Giants later, lots of wood carvings etc for sale along the road. Drove through two trees' and almost wiped the side of the car out, but hey its a rental and that's why you pay the big money for insurance for.
Daniel decided we should take the coast road hwy CA1. The coastal road was windey and worse than the rough sea "feel the G forces" Daniel being Peter Brook going around each corner and me hoping that we weren't going to go over the edge. On our travels around the tight corners we come across cows of all things on the way to San Fanscisco. The area to the north of San Fran is very aussie, lots of rolling drought ridden hills covered with gum trees and pines.
Arrived in San Fran at about 8 pm, trafiic was still a nightmare but thank god for GPS units, even if the women inside it does talk back all the time.
Road kill count so far,-1 seagull, 1 squirell, 1 already dead skunk and almost 1 cow.
2 pages of pics below


Additional photos below
Photos: 28, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

..
.

.
..
.

.
..
.

.
..
.

.
..
.

.
..
.

.
..
.

.
..
.

.


Tot: 0.287s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0784s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb