Portland Trailblazers Meet & Greet


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Portland
February 17th 2010
Published: March 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Rose Garden ArenaRose Garden ArenaRose Garden Arena

From our regular seats
As season ticket holders for the Portland Trailblazers, one of the perks they offer is an evening of games, food, and meeting players. Ticket holders are invited for one of two evenings, with half of the players coming each night. There was a hamburger/hot dog buffet, free video games and bowling, and players there to meet and get a photo with. Pretty neat perk for ticket holders that just about makes it worth the four times we have to see Minnesota every year.

Whether you were bowling with Steve Blake and Joel Przybilla, pop-a-shot with Rudy and Sergio Rodriguez, air hockey with Nic Batum, or rock band with Channing Frye, it was very cool to see players outside the normal context. Where else will I run into Michael Ruffin and welcome he and his kids to town?


UPDATE: 2010 Meet & Greet
The 2010 event seemed to be even more crowded, but most of the players were new so between this year and last we have met just about everyone. Highlight was probably rock band with Greg Oden but it was also neat to see Brandon and meet Martell Webster.

UPDATE #2: Locker Room Tour and suite contest
We had a chance to do a locker room tour, and I also won a suite for the Utah game through an online season ticket holder contest. Pictures of the locker room are attached (Lamarcus' shoes are the size of Lauryn's head!), and the suite was very cool. Fully catered with sandwiches and sweets and two rows of seats in the box for us and 17 more friends to sit back and watch. Afterwards we got to go down on the court with our ticket rep and shoot baskets for half an hour.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

LaMarcus' LockerLaMarcus' Locker
LaMarcus' Locker

He probably had a dozen pairs of shoes
Greg's lockerGreg's locker
Greg's locker

his shoe, not that little girl's
BrandonBrandon
Brandon

There is a little yellow post-it that says "Stay Humble" in his locker. Not nearly as many shoes as LaMarcus' locker, either.
Meet & Greet 2010Meet & Greet 2010
Meet & Greet 2010

(l-r) Bayless, Monty Williams (N.O.'s coach now), Oden behind him, Brandon, Andre Miller, Juwan Howard, and Martell
Our boxOur box
Our box

filled with our crew. that's how we roll.


Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb