We are finally leaving!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Portland
August 25th 2005
Published: August 25th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to our blog! Phil and I hope that this format will be an easy way to share our experiences and pictures.

On the 8th of this month we received word that our visas were finally approved! It only took a month and a half longer than expected.......... Now we are in the scramble to get everything done asap. We have already booked our flights, we leave Portland on the 29th and arrive in Singapore on the 31st (crossing the date line and a 17+ hour flight between LA and Singapore). Then we will spend several days in Singapore with Phil's parents and fly to Penang on the 3rd.

Last Friday we shipped off all our stuff to Penang. Fortunately we will be staying in a fully furnished apartment so we didn't have to ship furniture. The apartment is about a five minute drive from Phil's work and close to shopping/entertainment. And we should have a view of the bridge that connects Penang island to mainland Malaysia.

We have only 3 more days until we leave!!! It's hard to believe that we're actually leaving, but we know it won't be forever. The next nine months will pass incredibly fast and we hope you all can do a little vicarious travelling through our experiences. See you in Singapore!


Selina

Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 12; qc: 70; dbt: 0.0893s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb