West Coast Experience


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Medford
September 13th 2011
Published: September 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Wow, what a day! Up at 7AM (well, I was, not Dianne!) Coffee and visiting with Dianne's 3rd cousin on their upper deck overlooking a valley. Then the three of us went downtown to the Mustard Seed cafe for breakfast - I had 3 crepes, being already coffee'd out. Home briefly, we then decided to make a half hour drive to vineyard country (there are about 30 of them), and sampled 11 wines at two different vineyards, also saw some beautiful gardens/grounds. Back about 3:30, we decided to have a before dinner nap.

David then took us to a German restaurant in what was once a private school. The food was terrific and very reasonably priced, the waitress was Danish and a lot of fun.Now we' ve time to relax and chat (only 8:15 PM here) before heading for a (hopefully) good night's sleep. We hope to be on the road by 8AM, taking the I5 and possibly camping at Larrabee State Park again, and being back into Canada by noon on Friday. It's been hot here in interior Oregon but a lot of fun. Oregon is much more mountainous that we had expected, and there's a smoke haze here from a fire. We've left all kinds of things to do if we come back another time with more time (may have to sneak up on the relatives though!)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.191s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb