Best Scenic Drive Yet today & Great Visit With Leachmans.


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Grants Pass
July 2nd 2013
Published: July 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Got on the road at7:30 a.m.and 57 degrees with lots of sun.

Heading to Oregon today, just an overnight stop, then on to Florence, Oregon for 4 nights and some much needed cooler weather. On the way we see so many Pole Pines, Jefferey Pines, White Fir, and Ponderosa Pines trees lining our travels.

The Cascade Mountain Range in sight and lots of snow up there. Drive through Clayton, Cali. So, another one does exist. Entered Oregon at 12:30.

Mount Shasta looms in the distance, snow covered and just awesomely beautiful!

Arrive our campground at Valley of the Rogues SP at 1:45 pm. At 3:30 Joel and Cortney Leachman and their sweet, almost 2 year old daughter Riley, come to visit us. We chatted for awhile and then we all went out to dinner at TapRock Restaurant in Grant’s Pass. Enjoyed the food and fellowship so much and hated to see it end. But they had to go their way, we had to go ours. It was wonderful to see them. Just a note about Mt. Shasta in the pictures, Joel climbed it last year (all the way to the top) and I very much enjoyed hearing about it. We cross over the coastal range tomorrow dropping into low temperatures of the coast.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



3rd July 2013

Shasta...
I remember that picture of Shasta from the soft drink cans!!! Gotta love those mountains!

Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 59; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb