Days 23 - Mt. Shasta, Ashland, OR & Jacksonville, OR


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Crater Lake
July 5th 2010
Published: July 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Tim and I were still so pumped this morning about seeing the bear yesterday at Yosemite. That's the first thing we said to each other this morning, "Can you believe we saw a bear???". We were parked right beside a Jack In The Box so we thought we would try it for breakfast this morning. I ran over while Tim was getting ready and tinkering around the motorhome. The biscuits were really good but the coffee actually made Tim sick for most of the day. Just another reason why I don't drink coffee ! We really didn't have anything planned for today except to drive, ride and explore some towns between here and Bend, OR. We did want to go to Mt. Shasta before leaving California so we made our way over there. It's a beautiful mountain filled with snow so you know we had to get out and have another snowball fight. We played in the snow and drove as far up Mt. Shasta as we could enjoying the incredible view on the way up. We hung out there, taking a little stroll through the woods and then made our way back to the motorhome. Even though Tim was feeling a little ooozey, he did a great job driving us all the way to our next stop which was a small town called Ashland, OR. This town was in our book and it was famous for it's Shakespeare Festivals and many theatres and stuff. We tried to see "Pride and Prejudice" while we were there but it was sold out for the day. We stopped for a few minutes and checked it out, filled up with gas and then we were back on the road. We must have drove forever, stopping in little towns and exploring what each one had to offer. We ended up in a town called Jacksonville, OR and several things caught my eye so Tim found us a great parking spot and we walked into town. There were tons of neat little shops and I just had to see all of them. Our first stop was a little winery where we tasted several different wines before settling on two of our favorites. Tim bought them and then it was on to the next store. I found a really cool store that only sold organic items. They had candles, clothes, soaps, dishes, baby items and all kinds of neat stuff. It was pretty expensive so I just admired everything there and quickly moved on to the antique shop next door. I love shopping for antiques although I seldomly by any due to lack of space back at home. Tim sat outside on the bench and people watched so patiently as I went up and down the street visiting every single store. It was after 5:00 by now and we were both starving so we went on over to the Bella Union for some dinner. Everyone we talked to in town said it was the best around so we took their advice and decided to try it. We ordered drinks and appetizers and it wasn't long before the fun began. As we were eating our salads the people beside us started talking to us and that's where it all began. Before I knew it, hours had passed by as well as several drinks, and we just about closed the place down. The food was delicious, just as everyone had said, and the drinks were even better. All of us girls tried everything on the drink menu and they were all fabulous !! We talked and drank and relaxed and had a great time. Somewhere around 10:00, Tim paid the tab and we made our way back to the motorhome. I'm pretty sure he had to help me a little but that was okay. We were only fifteen miles away from Medford and our home for the night. Tim stopped off real quickly at an alpaca farm so we could see them and then he headed straight for Wal-Mart. Sorry, but that's pretty much all I remember after that. We have lots more driving tomorrow but I'm excited to see Crater Lake and tour the Harry & David factory. Nighty night ! :-)


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



7th July 2010

Loving reading the blog!
So glad you guys are blogging the trip. It's fun reading and I'm forwarding it to my mom and Robby!! Have a blast and be safe ... and Tim: Don't let Candy drink and drive!!!

Tot: 0.202s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 67; dbt: 0.1095s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb