Oregon


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Crater Lake
June 26th 2009
Published: February 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

crater Lake


Crater LakeCrater LakeCrater Lake

National Park In Oregon.
We left Yellowstone National Park at 6:00am and went on the longest journey of the whole trip to try and reach our destination of Crater Lake in Oregon. Rob had read up on this area and was adamant that this was the place he wanted to go more than anywhere else. We were not disappointed.

The journey itself was something out of Top Gear with some of the best roads and scenery I have ever driven with Mountainous ranges and very long straight roads (just like the movies). This was great fun for all three of us and was one of the best experiences of the whole trip. The one down point was that the ever reliable Prius was not a soft top which would of made the journey truly amazing.

The one thing that surprised me was the climate change compared from Montana to Oregon the difference must have been 15C, but the drop in altitude must of been a couple of thousand feet at least.

After 15 hours driving we made the journey and stopped for the night and a very well deserved rest after nearly driving one thousand miles.

It was a early start for us and a quick twenty minute drive to get to the national park. There was still snow at the park and it was June which was a big surprise. The Lake is beautifully set in a Volcano with some brilliant viewpoints all along the rim. I would recommend this park to anyone.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb