Rain, Rain, Go AWAY!!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Bandon
October 10th 2007
Published: October 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

SO here we are in Bandon-By-The-Sea and we are seeing sun for the first time in a week! Its been very depressing because we haven't been able to do much. We tried hiking in the rain, but then we were soaked and it took 3 days for our clothes to dry.

Since Seattle- we went to Olympic National Park and camped there for a night. We hiked in the rainforest and we thought all the moss was really cool looking. After Olympic NP, we started our journey down the coast with high hopes of warm weather and sun. WRONG! Cold and rainy for the forecast (thanks to the wonderful working man, Alex Penning, who is always in front of his computer checking the weather for us!) We explored much of the Washington and Oregon Coasts, hiking in the dunes and chatting with the local state park volunteers.

Every morning we are trying to get away without paying the camping fee, but those damn park rangers always find our car and always put a little reminder to pay our fee... the notes are so nice, it makes us feel guilty for trying to scam them!

We are hoping for better weather (the sun is out now!) as we enter the "Sunshine State," California. We plan to see the Redwood National Park, San Francisco, Yosemite National Park and then down to LA. Pray to God (or Gina's Grandmother) that we have sunshine for the rest of the trip...we're starting to get rickets from lack of sunlight!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb