Traveling to Oklahoma City


Advertisement
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 35.472, -97.5203

Checked out of The Highland this morning sadly disappointed in our stay there. It should have been a nice place with at least a little bit of personality. Unfortunately, all I will remember are these two points. 1. The person who was fixing the plates for breakfast had a big beard that was not covered while he worked. You can be sure that I inspected my plate for hair before I started eating. 2. The WiFi never worked for the entire two-night stay. Phil needed to finish up his class using the software he has loaded on his laptop connected to the internet, but he was not able to access it. We have a reservation at the same hotel in October since Phil's high school reunion will take place there. I don't know if I want to stay there again.

We went by Starbucks for breakfast this morning before heading out of town toward Oklahoma City. The weather did not cooperate. Between the rain and fog and the road construction, we had a difficult ride for the first hour of the trip. By the time we were north of Denton, the rain had dried up and the construction was less troublesome. I was happily surprised to see how the Dallas drivers handled the weather and construction driving, for the most part, in a safe and reasonable manner.

Before we arrived in OKC, we had time for lunch at the Salt Grass in Norman, then went on to check in at the Hilton Garden Inn by the airport. It is less than a mile from the Saddleback Inn where the reunion takes place. We stayed at the Saddleback last year, but were not happy with what looked like a room with a garage-type overhead door always open showing a pile of trash (maybe it was their storage) that smelled and looked awful right across from the door to our room. Erin's flight was on time, and we picked her up and went on to the first family gathering at Uncle R.D.'s church. Seemed like about half of the gang expected for tomorrow was there a day early for a simple dinner and time to visit.

Afterwards, we left Erin at the Saddleback, and we came on to the Hilton to bed.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb