Protect Your Skin During Travel With These 3 Tips


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oklahoma » Oklahoma City
November 27th 2019
Published: November 27th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Skin care during travelSkin care during travelSkin care during travel

Photo courtesy pixabay.com
The holidays are upon us once more, and many people are gearing up to travel. Whether you're spending time with loved ones in your hometown or vacationing on a sun-soaked beach this holiday season, it's essential to make sure that your skincare regimen is up to the task. Here are some quick and easy tips for taking good care of your skin even when you're on the go.



Mini-Size Me!

Sometimes it's tempting to let your daily skincare regimen slip while you're on vacation, especially when you realize you're not going to be able to pack all your usual products without the TSA serving you some serious side-eye! If the idea of putting all your skincare products into teeny tiny bottles is making you tired already, fear not- most skincare brands offer travel-size versions of their most popular products! Invest in the micro versions of your favorite items, and get set to conduct your daily skin routine no matter where your travel takes you!



Moisturize! Moisturize! Moisturize!

The winter months already have a drying effect on skin, and this can be maximized by lengthy air travel to your vacation destination. Be sure to slather a lightweight, non-comedogenic (that means non-pore clogging) moisturizer onto your skin twice a day to ensure that you are locking in your skin's natural moisture and keeping it supple and soft. Bonus tip from ClareBella Aesthetics in Oklahoma City: if you're one of those people who avoids putting on sunscreen (see below), a moisturizer that contains sunscreen will give you one less thing to think about while you're on your trip, while still offering the right amount of sun protection. Look for a moisturizer that packs the double whammy of sunscreen before heading off on your travels. Talk about a win-win!



Don't Forget Sunscreen

We know we don't have to tell you this, but here goes...not wearing sunscreen is very bad for you. Not only does avoiding sunscreen up your risk factor for developing skin cancer, but the UVA and UVB rays from the sun can have damaging effects that will last a lifetime on your skin. Please do your skin a favor and apply sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 to your skin before going outside. Not only will you avoid a painful, vacation-ruining sunburn, but you could literally be saving your own life!



Taking a vacation from your job doesn't mean that you have to take a vacation from your skincare routine. By planning ahead and prioritizing your skin's health, you can maintain your usual radiant glow while you're globe-trotting, without having to put in too much extra effort. Bon voyage!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.215s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb