How to plan an outdoor wedding


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Colorado
May 31st 2019
Published: May 31st 2019
Edit Blog Post

Bride Planning An Outdoor WeddingBride Planning An Outdoor WeddingBride Planning An Outdoor Wedding

Bride Planning An Outdoor Wedding, photo courtesy pixabay.com
Spring is here, which means wedding season is underway! If you're one of the brides or grooms-to-be, you may have a lot of questions, concerns, and even anxiety about pulling off the perfect outdoor wedding. After all, there are a lot more things to take into consideration when you plan to say "I do" in the great outdoors! Whether your big day will be an upscale affair or a down-home barbecue, it's important to take a number of things into account when you're preparing to be wed at an outdoor venue. We've got some tips on how to plan the outdoor wedding of your dreams!



Check the Guests

Prior to securing your venue, buying your dress, or even sampling cake flavors, nailing down the guest list is absolutely your top priority. Why? The size and scale of your guest list dictates virtually every other decision you will make about your wedding. Imagine how heartbroken you'd be, for example, if you nailed down the perfect little outdoor gazebo with a max capacity of 25, only to find out that between you and your future spouse, you've got over 150 people planning on attending! Not only that, but many of your other choices, such as catering menus, dance floor size, and open versus cash bar, will be greatly influenced by the number of invitations that go out. We know it's hard, but try to put wedding planning on hold until you've firmed up the number of invitations you'll be sending out.



Prepare for Everything

The best thing about getting married outdoors is also the worst thing- your special event is taking place out in nature, where virtually anything can happen! Denver Bridal Shop The Bridal Collection has another tip to share: "From surprise thunderstorms to sudden temperature drops, it's best to think through a number of likely (and not so likely) scenarios so you can be prepared for whatever Mother Nature throws your way." That's especially true in Colorado, but important to think about wherever your wedding is happening. Fear not- there are plenty of adorable and creative ways to tie practical favors, such as bottled water, sunscreen, and umbrellas, into your color scheme!



Keep it Legal

You may have found the most picturesque outdoor wedding venue on Earth- but that won't matter if you're unable to secure a permit to hold your celebration there! It's always worthwhile to check with the city or county that your chosen spot is located in, so that you can be up on all the zoning issues, permit requirements, and associated fees that come along with your preferred wedding ceremony or reception location. For instance, a spot you're considering may have noise violation rules that could put you in a pickle when the DJ starts blasting your reception playlist. Or perhaps there's a restriction on alcohol, food items, or other things you'd normally find at a wedding, which may discourage you from booking that venue after all. It's always best to have the inside scoop on any outdoor venue you are thinking about before actively planning your wedding.



Sure, outdoor weddings come with their own set of headaches, but years from now, when you look back at the beautiful photos and recall fond memories of your special day, it will all be worthwhile. By taking time to plan ahead, your outdoor wedding can be everything you've ever dreamed of- and more!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.147s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb