Cuyahoga Valley National Park


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
PUBLISHED: May 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Bike path



Bike path
Maureen Kelly/Robert Tait
Our objective on this trip is to visit Wisconsin, Minnesota, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan (places we have not been to) and do lots of biking hiking and whatever else.
June 6, 2007. We were up early, all packed and a dead battery, oops. Sooo we left a little later after a visit from AAA, but before long we were at Cuyahoga Valley, Ohio, biking the tow path trail which follows the historic Ohio and Erie canal route through the Cuyahoga River Valley and continues both north and south of the park. It was a warm sunny day and it was pleasant to have some natural shade. The trail, which is crushed limestone, includes historic markers and several canal museums. We biked about 10/12 miles and of course had to bike back, so it was a little over 20 miles.
The town of Paradise has a great brewery/restaurant, The Winking Lizard, with over 100 beers. Bob did not sample all of them. Dinner was most enjoyable.
June 7, 2007. We decided to bike in the other direction this morning. After 5/10 miles Bob discovered a problem with his bike. So we headed back to the Century Cycle shop and had a spoke replaced. By noon we were On the Road Again. We drove through Ohio, Illinois, and found a campground in Indiana.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Comments only available on published blogs

18th June 2007

Cuyahoga valley
BOC is going to Cuyahoga Valley at the end of June, weekend before the 4th and staying at the hostel.
18th June 2007

USA
The scenery may not be as elaborate, but I bet there is a feeling of security being in the US. Especially, after Bob went missing for a short time while touring the ruins. Pictures were amazing.

Tot: 0.654s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 35; qc: 195; dbt: 0.2508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb