Kernersville, NC to Colombus, OH


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Columbus
December 21st 2011
Published: December 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Danny's Blog




Today we left a about 8:30am. Our first stop was at Hillbilly Hot Dogs in West Virginia. This was our second time going to that. They had more items to choose from like new colored t-shirts and hats and more food! Our second stop was a in Columbus Ohio, our destination was a little on the outside but HUGENORMOUS on the inside, book store. It had over 500,000 books!!!! We got a few books. Surprisingly I got most books, well I guess they weren’t really books. I got nine individual comic books and a graphic novel. The nine were all Marvel Comics and the graphic novel was Scott Pilgrim Precious little life. April got some book and a graphic novel. We stopped for dinner right down the street from the bookstore, at a German place called Schmidt’s Sausage Haus. On our way there April accidentally ran into a parking sign. 😞 We drove back to the hotel and now we are sitting in the room.

April's Blog




Today we left earlier than we did last time we took a trip. Hopefully, we'll start leaving more like what we did before. We made a few stops before we finally actually set off. We drove with only one stop before we got to Hillbilly Hot Dogs in Lesage, WV. If you read the blog from the previous trip, we stopped at Hillbilly Hot Dogs for that one, too. I can't eat hot dogs, so I got a potato. Then we got into the car and kept going and going and going until we got to Columbus, OH. To my surprise (and delight) we stopped at a bookstore called the Book Loft in a historic German town that I found on my friend William's blog. There were 32 rooms jam-packed with books, even the narrow hallways were stacked floor-to-ceiling with books! I kept getting lost in the labyrinth of books and narrow hallways. After that, we walked to a sausage haus where we got the biggest creme puffs (1.5 lbs each!) in three different flavors. We'll add some pictures later, I didn't bring the cord for my camera from school.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb