Columbus Bound


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Ohio » Columbus
August 4th 2009
Published: August 7th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We woke up nice and early in Philly, to finish a little packing before heading to get the truck. Getting the truck turned out to be pretty easy, a 16' Penske is our chariot across the country (along with our car towed behind it)...so far, it's not the best thing, but it's an awesome adventure. A bunch of our friends came to help us load all our ridiculous amount of stuff up into the back of the truck, parked on the curb on Spruce until some cop decided to tell us we couldn't park there (even though people do all the time for hours at a time), and then across the street in a loading zone. So a HUGE thanks to all of our friends for carrying our stuff down four flights of stairs and across the street into the truck! You guys are awesome and we love you all tons!

Heading out of Philly, navigating the streets turned out to be a challenge, but nothing we couldn't handle. I almost hit some lady in the head with the truck mirror though...whoops! I missed her by a good four inches, so it's all good. Those mirrors, by the way, stick out entirely too far. There is no way that is necessary.

We made it out of the city around 12:30. We got on the turnpike, and although we were very sad to be leaving so many really amazing people behind, we were very happy to be out of Philly! After making to a little ways, we stopped and made some food before heading on our way to pay a completely ridiculous toll. Riding all the way across Pennsylvania on the turnpike turns out to be pretty pricey when you have four axles. It was a nice send off...yeah.

We got through West Virginia pretty quickly, and enjoyed some of the really redneck billboards that that great state features. By the time we reached the Ohio border we were both getting pretty tired and couldn't wait to see Allie. Once we hit Columbus and picked up Allie (Jess, Luke, Milo, Largo, & Allie makes for one tight cab), we found some parking and settled in.

We spent the night in the company and hospitality of Allie, and had some dinner with Kent as well! We got in late last night, but she was committed to taking us out to eat at a REALLY good pizza place called...well, called something, which we will add when Allie gets back to us! If you ever find yourself in Columbus, hit them up and order the white pizza with extra cheese and a little red pepper!

After dinner, we went back to Allie's and watched a movie and passed out cold. It was a great way to relax after so much craziness in one day.

We were all very happy to sleep in for a while and take our time getting moving in the morning. We left late in the morning, and got rolling around lunchtime. Columbus was awesome, and we wish we had more time to see some of it. We hope to get back there sometime soon and stay longer and wander more. Thanks again Allie for the place to stay and the drinks and all the other food, and Kent for the pizza!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0447s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb