Fried seafood - Not!!!


Advertisement
Published: July 21st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Sunday

For me, Saturday night was tough. A hotel in the French Quarter on a Saturday night –well-- groups came in all night 2:30, 3:30, 4:30. Loud noise – no sleep and I had to get up at 530. Boy was I tired. At least I got upgraded on both flights and got to sleep a bit on the plane.

Now for Susan, Pam, Mom and Sally. Mom has met a man… Who toured her all over the airport but she declined his lunch offer. But he showed up again after lunch to give her a second chance. Too bad he was married. At first she declined the wheel chair in Charlotte, but Sally convinced Albert to swoop her up and placed her in her chariot.

How did they figure out they were all handicapped??? They get out of the plane to 4 wheel chairs waiting for them. It took them a lot of convincing to show that they did not need 4 chairs and they only needed one.

We met up in baggage claim and mom had a new man – well 2. The first one didn’t speak English well so mom ended up letting to let him go and moved onto the next.

We took the shuttle to our rental van and maybe it was Susan and my good looks but we saved another $100 on the rental. SAS saved me $700. This trip will be great.

We then drove to New London to find a restaurant. Pam googled’d and found several restaurants the first one we tried was all fried food. Why would we eat FRIED food in New England. Nope we drove on. The next restaurant was The Water Front restaurant. I ran in to see if there was a table for 5. The front clerk said, “do you have reservations” ah no, we are just passing thru… She says “let me see what I can do”. 5 minutes later she came back and said it would be just a couple minutes. A few minutes later a group of people were leaving and said “your table will be ready in just a minute”. Huh, why would the customer say that too us? And then she mentioned the salmon. We learned she is the owner and was there with her family. We got her table. She was so nice. The food was wonderful and the view was great. After dinner we left and drove to Warrick to our hotel.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 23; dbt: 0.069s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb