North Carlina: Expected & Unexpected


Advertisement
Published: April 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Springtime in N.C.Springtime in N.C.Springtime in N.C.

Flowering trees
It's spring here in North Carolina. The trees are flowering, the leaves are green and all the freshness of this welcome season abounds. We left what really felt like summer at its hottest back in Florida. Now we are feeling the warmth & happiness of Springtime. Soon we shall see the reality of living in the north: brown sticks! That'd what we say when we see our familiar hillsides. The trees are just brown sticks! The ground is brown also...but hopefully not white with snow! We'll take the brown. We are like in a seasonal reverse time machine. But soon our season will catch up with our Southern neighbors. And all will be good in the world. And Lulu will be happy...she struggles trying figure out what clothes to wear! Life can be a trial for her at times.

What the heck is going on? This is unreal -- unbelievable! Blog material! We received a phone call today from our friends Walt & Diane (friends at Tropical Palms). They have been traveling to their home in Marcy, NY in their RV. They left two days after us. They have their grandson and two sweet pups with them. Diane shockingly announced they were stuck on the side of the road on Rt.17, just off I-95, near Manassas, VA. They had a broken fan belt!! Just like us!! And just like Carole & George!! And how many others?? Whaaaat! This cannot be possible. We all have different make RV's. Was there a gremlin going around the park stretching, chewing or cutting our fan belts? It sounds crazy! Fortunately, their roadside assistance was able to replace their fan belt on the side of the road so they didn't need to be towed. Our heads are still spinning thinking about all the nasty occurrences that have happened with our RV friends and us. Mind boggling. Are we crazy or are we crazy loving this lifestyle? Yes, maybe, but we still enjoy it. We have secretly wondered about the price of a condo in Florida, though! "Have safe and uneventful travels, Walt & Diane, for the remainder of your trip home". Us, too. Now we have even more things in common: we are all from NY, Diane & I are retired nurses, we have RV's AND now we have had broken fan belts that put us to the side of the road! Empathy 100%.
Cory, Cory & ShenenCory, Cory & ShenenCory, Cory & Shenen

Love them all!

Our day finally brought us together with our dear son, Cory. We were late arriving in his area because of our RV breakdown but he was also on a business trip. We met he and our sweet grandson, Shenen, for supper. We were going to one of our favorite restaurants, The Harbour Inn, but it moved and has not re-opened yet. I'm still licking my wounds cause one of my most favorite shopping stops here has closed up: "JR's." Their billboards advertised: "sold everything from brassieres to chandeliers" and so much more...all cheap. I shall deeply miss this shopping mecca. Even a K-Mart we visited here has closed! I thought the economy was improving....what's going on here? We did find an Antique Mall that we had frequented before. That was fun except we are not in the business anymore. Bought nothing! That's a killer! It's not easy for us!

We had a nice visit with Cory & Shenen but much too brief. We have to leave tomorrow because the weather prediction is for heavy rains and thunderstorms for Sunday. We can't travel easily in that ( and won't) so we want to get ahead of it. I told Cory we shall just have to call one another to catch up on everything since our time together just flew by. We had a big surprise before we left each other but that will be in my next blog. I want to finish up my RV breakdown videos in this blog. Hope they are showing up okay for you. When I check mine, it looks fine. Cory said he couldn't see his though but was going to try a different device. So....I'll catch you tomorrow. Will share the surprise with you, then. Hope you can sleep.

[
]

[
]

[
]

[
]

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 42; dbt: 0.0808s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb