We made it !!


Advertisement
Published: June 3rd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello,

Well so much for sneaking out of Palmy quietly !! Thanks to all our awesome family and friends that came out to the airport to see us off. we were blown away.
Tori won $6.00 on the scratchies thanks.
We met up with the Ingrams heading to L.A on the same flight, they're taking their kids to Disneyland and for a look around .
We didn't even leave the country and Josh got us into trouble, He had 2 pairs of scissors ain his pencil case, that they picked up in the xray machine !!
Yes it is a long time in the plane from Auckland to L.A, we all had a bit of sleep at diferent times. Josh and Tori got to hand out the lollies when we came into L.A.
Standing the customs line at imergration, We got told that I had filled out the wrong forms.So we had to fill out 4 more forms, then to get told we only have a 6 months visitors visa, but we're here for 7 months!!!. so we're going to be overstayers for a month.
Then we hung around the airport for 8 hours, We watched a dvd , walked around the terminal a few times.couldnt find any gluten free dinner, so Mcd's fries and a fruit smoothie was all we could come up with.The flight from L.A to Charlotte was another 4 1/2 hours, Evan was there to meet us at 6.30 in the morning. We went to Bob Evans restaurant for breakfast, I asked the chef about what was gluten free on the menu and he bought out 4 pages of food on their menu that tells what foodsI couldnt have. and another map of America of where all the Bob Evans restaurants are. That will be handy !! Depends if the budget can stretch that far. We got into our hotel alright, the air con was on full bore, NICE. it got up to about 87 degrees here, we can hear thunder and the sky is black as , but no rain yet.
Evan, Josh and I went looking at SUV's already. theres some real nice ones, they range from 5 - 16 grand. so well go and look again tomorrow.
Evan cooked us his world famous gluten free home made spagetti, we'll definately have that again.

Cheers Paul and Co

Advertisement



9th June 2009

Go the Claridges
Look out America - the Claridges have landed. Have fun - I'm going to enjoy reading your blog over the next seven (or six) months!

Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb