Day 3


Advertisement
Published: June 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

New 'vette belonging to Herman from Clinton, accompanied by his son.New 'vette belonging to Herman from Clinton, accompanied by his son.New 'vette belonging to Herman from Clinton, accompanied by his son.

Unfortunately, this beautiful car ended up getting rear ended by a semi while in the winding roads of North Carolina. Everyone seems to be o.k.
Day 3, we joined up with others from Clinton, IA, to caravan together from Knoxville, TN, to Charlotte, NC. We stopped at a Waffle House in Mooreville, NC, for lunch. Unfortunately, Steve & I dropped out of the caravan shortly after that when grey smoke came out of exhaust. Steve didn't want to take a chance, so stopped to look at engine. Figured out it was a hose. A young local guy named Mason stopped to admire the car and hung around to help give Steve a ride to get what he needed to fix it. Took quite some time, so really had to hurry to get to the official starting point of the Power Tour in Charlotte, NC. Got there just in time, as the registration and car show ended at 6 p.m. Stayed at the Courtyard Hotel. Also had supper there. The hotel parking lot itself looked like a car show, full of classic cars, sports cars, etc. Lots of people taking pictures and admiring Steve's Z28.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0285s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb