Charlotte NC


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Carolina » Charlotte
February 9th 2023
Published: February 12th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Columbia SC – Charlotte NC

Carowinds Camp Wilderness

Day 46-47





After leaving Columbia SC, we heading to Charlotte NC to visit friends.



Our first goal was to find a bike shop to get the tire repaired. Because we got to Charlotte much earlier than we could check into the campground, I decided to go right to the bike shop with the RV. Sometimes it is hard to pick a shop or store based on Google Maps, it will show you how close or far a place is, but it does not tell you the real story. The shop I picked appeared to be the closest bike shop. We did end up passing a small local shop on the way to it, I do not know if we could have gotten there with the RV. Conte’s Bike shop in Charlotte did fix the tire, and for a very reasonable price.



Carowinds is a amusement park, and it straddles the South Carolina/North Carolina border. The campground is actually in North Carolina but to even leave the campground we went through South Carolina.



The campground was well kept with large sites. I was surprised the sites were not closer together, given that the main reason for the campground is for people visiting the amusement park.



If you are ever in Charlotte Frugal McDugal is the coolest liquor store I have ever visited. It is a cross between a warehouse and retail liquor store. It was fun just checking out everything they had.



We also went with friends to a couple of waterfront restaurants on Lake Wylie. The highlight of the visit was a pontoon boat ride to go to lunch. It was good to get back on the water, and makes me want to get back to our boat. It is time to start getting ready for boating season.



Two more stops, one in Raleigh to visit Zach & Rebecca, and one somewhere in Virginia. Then we will be back at D&S Marina and our boat.



Our next stop is North Carolina State Fairground Campground.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb