Start of a new Journey


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Carolina » Chapel Hill
September 1st 2010
Published: September 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

We landed in NC this morning very tired. We picked up are rental car from BUDGET and headed towards our hotel. We are staying at the Sheraton Inn in Chapel Hill. Mom and I were both very tired so we decided to take a power nap for 5 hours. By the time we woke up it was time to go explore the city of Chapel Hill and its restaurants. We parked our car in a parking lot and walked down Franklin Street, it is the busiest street or i should say main street of any other city. We found a cold stone and decided to be italians and have dessert before the main course. We asked our icecream maker where the best southern food was and she said Crook's Corner which is very good. Only .6 miles away we walked to it. We sat down and ordered Southern root beer which tastes the same but looks cooler. Mom ordered shrimp and grits which was excellent. I had a carolina sampler which had pork and a mixture of rice, tomatoes, and I don't know what else was in it. Then it was time to head back to our hotel since it was about 9 o'clock.

Advertisement



1st September 2010

my compliments to the author
Funny first blog. Never knew Casey was such a comedian (or so familiar with Italians). First day sounded great. How did you know to go downtown to find an authentic southern restaurant? Wonder why you ordered shrimp and grits. Have you ever had them before...(and if so were they better).

Tot: 0.28s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0406s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb