Camping


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Carolina » Bryson City
September 1st 2012
Published: September 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

BreakfastBreakfastBreakfast

see the double yolk!
We woke up about 8 am. Bella immediately went out to go to the creek. She had collected a few salamanders yesterday and had little habitats built for them. We had coffee, then cooked breakfast: eggs, bacon, toast, oj. Bella likes butter and honey on her toast, Lola likes jam on hers. After breakfast we took a walk to pay Miss Betty. She was busy with visitors so we told her we would come back later. Lola and I made crafts: multicolored pipe cleaners, puff balls, little eyes and glue. We had a fun time. Bella spent most of the time in the creek. Ken and her walked way down the creek and spoke to people on the shore along the way. Lola and I went to the playground. I tried to read while she played, but it was too buggy!

Tonight April and Randy (her new beau) are going to join us for dinner. Lola and I spent most of the day preparing. We made cole slaw, fruit salad and a veggie tray. We put chicken tenders in a sesame soy marinade. We also cut up strawberries for dessert. We also played 'Sorry' many times. Before long it was time to set up for dinner. Lola loves to set the table so we put a table cloth on the picnic table. We added candles, our place settings and glasses. She decided she wanted to put names on the place settings.

Ken and Bella had walked back up to Miss Betty's to pay. When they came back, Ken built a fire, and put the Ipod outside for music. Everything was ready except the chicken. We will wait until our guests arrive before starting that and the rice. Lola stuck the end of a large stick in the fire to light it and waited by the front of the RV so she could greet our guests and welcome them to dinner. How fun!

Soon they arrived, Ken grilled the chicken and Lola and I finished dinner. Everything was delicious: grilled chicken, wild rice, cole slaw, butter rolls, fruit salad (bananas, raspberries, apples, strawberries). For dessert we had strawberry short cake with vanilla ice cream. We had to eat inside because it started to rain!

We had a nice evening. April and Randy said goodnight, the girls took showers and Ken and I washed the dishes. Everyone was tired.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



10th September 2012

Eating Mutant Eggs Now? But, I might be able to suggest some alrternative dining...
Cedars really did turn you to the dark side! I am so glad you are making the trip East! I can't wait to do dinner with you and Ken!
10th September 2012

HaHa! Can't wait to see you!
12th September 2012

Camping
Wow! Camping is surely fun. It is indeed a great bonding experience in the family. I really love eggs in breakfast. Nice post! Shyra @ MyCamperTrailer

Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0952s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb