Fun times camping


Advertisement
Published: September 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Ken chasing the girlsKen chasing the girlsKen chasing the girls

Their front yard in Bryson City, NC
We arrived at the girl's house before they got home from school. That was our plan. We wanted to be there when they got off the bus. They were so excited to see us. Ken chased Lola and Bella around their yard. April had packed their bags for the weekend. We loaded in the truck and headed to Timber Lake campground. Bryson City is a town in North Carolina. The populaton is 1,353, a very small town. It is only 2.2 square miles. The town is surrounded on all sides by mountains. The Great Smoky Mountains rise to the north.

We arrived at the campground and Miss Betty, the owner guided us to our spot. A beautiful spot right next to the bubbling brook, but very difficult to get to. I guided Ken as he backed in to it. It was worth the effort as we had our own privacy. Bella and Lola helped get things set up and I left to go to the grocery. Not just down the street! I was gone about 90 minutes. I did pick up pizza for dinner, so that took a little time.

When I got back, it was still light outside. Ken had built a fire. We ate our pizza around the fire. Not too close because it was very hot and humid! We made s'mores. I had bought the extra large marshmellows. Don't ever do that. They are so big, they don't cook and it is a mess. Lola and I got many mosquito bites!!!

We took a walk around the camground. It is beautiful. Besides the brook, their are two lakes for fishing and swimming.

We all took showers and Bella immediately went to sleep. Lola and I stayed up and played the game 'Sorry'. It rained during the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0258s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb