Pomodora's


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » North Carolina » Asheville
October 17th 2014
Published: October 20th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Asheville around 4pm and went straight to Rutledge Lake RV Park, the same place we spent the summer. It's a beautiful park, just some weird managment quirks that can be easily overlooked.

We set up and I left to go to the grocery. Jason, Amy and Lola will come over at 5 for a little happy hour (and to catch up) before going out for dinner. I bought some cheese, crackers, olives, mozzarella balls, juice, beer and wine. I also bought a 'Birthday' balloon and a 'Southern Living' magazine for Amy. I bought her a subcription (and another one for myself!). It's so good to see everyone.

We went to Pomodora's, a local Italian Restaurant a few miles away. We came here often last summer and has become a favorite. I asked for 'our' round booth by the window.

Pomodoros offers an authentic Mediterranean experience in the heart of Western North Carolina. Drawing our inspiration from the countries of Greece and Italy, we tempt the palate with three separate menus of diverse and innovative dishes using the freshest and finest ingredients.

We ordered calamari and drinks and they brought warm bread and olive oil. Pops and I shared scallops, Amy and Amy shared chicken alfredo and Jason also ordered the scallops. Everything was yummy as usual. They have a baklava ice cream dessert that is so good. Amy and I shared one and Lola got a chocolate mousse. Afterwards we went back to their house to visit a bit more and then headed back to our RV. It's a lot cooler here in the mountains and we got the down blanket out and put it on the bed....so cozy.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb