Day 4 - Tues 13 Sep - Its Show time


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
September 14th 2016
Published: September 4th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Statue of LibertyStatue of LibertyStatue of Liberty

From the Staten Island Ferry
Geo: 40.7805, -73.9512

Took the subway all the way South to Battery Park and jumped on the ferry to see the Statue of Liberty. Cool to see, but probably overrated. Nice to see the water again. Battery park was lovely. It weaves all the way up a large part of the West coast of the island. Lovely walk.

Up to Madison Square Gardens. Eataly was fascinating, as a large deli market with eating places throughout (too expensive for us - as is most of the food here). GirsWalked out and happened onto the Madison Square Eats. Like 2 rows of market stalls. The place is thriving, lucky to get a seat. Girls were boring and had normal food - fish & chips and fried chicken burger ($27US). Graham and I weren't hungry, but want to come back. Korean, Cchinese, Thai....wonderful.

Home to book theatre tickets for the night.

Found a decent deli nearby.

TKTS booth not the cheapest but bought tickets to Matilda for half price through an online site for $50 each in the nose bleed section (balcony - third level up, midway back). Tried to get School of Rock or Wicked but struggled to get seats. Or at least seats that are less than $150US each).

Matilda was awesome!! The whole layout and experience was great, we could see well although there's no leg room and its straight down. Both the girls seemed to absolutely love it!!

Another late night, but so worth it!.






Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Westfield Shopping Centre at the 911 MemorialWestfield Shopping Centre at the 911 Memorial
Westfield Shopping Centre at the 911 Memorial

It is extremely high, yes the things at the bottom are people
Madison Square EatsMadison Square Eats
Madison Square Eats

Graham would be in heaven if his stomach was better.
MatildaMatilda
Matilda

At the Shubert Theatre


Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0475s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb