Uptown and Central Park


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
November 3rd 2010
Published: November 15th 2010
Edit Blog Post

It was hard getting out of bed today as we knew it would be freezing out and even the sun struggled to make it up before 7:30am.

This morning we jumped back on the Hop On Hop Off bus tour for the Uptown and Harlem leg. The tour guide was really good and Harlem was far better than we expected. We spent a fair bit of time around Harlem, went past the famous Apollo Theatre and some massive and beautiful churches.

Also Uptown we went past lots of celebrity apartments including Madonna's, Al Pacino's, Brad and Angelina's, Beyonce's, Russell Crowe's bla bla bla, there are too many to name really. We also drove past Yoko's apartment and the spot out front where John Lennon was shot (she still lives there).

Museum Mile was our next stop and I intend going back tomorrow to see at least the Guggenheim (the oldies want to shop cause they haven't done that enough).

We gradually made our way to Central Park where we departed the tour to walk through at our own pace. Central Park is HUGE and has everything from a lake for fishing to 10 or so playgrounds to a zoo. It's a must see in NYC and The Boathouse cafe serves great soups ($3) so you can fuel up halfway through the park. I wanted to ice skate at the rink but Mum and Dad weren't keen and by the time I got down there it was closed for half an hour to clean etc so I took a few pictures of it instead. Have to say, I thought Dad would at least ice skate (or attempt to) with me. Anyway, we visited the zoo and watched an enormous polar bear at play, a snow leopard, saw piranhas and a few poisonous frogs.

Mum and I went to Mary Poppins tonight on Broadway and loved it, hope the one showing in Melbourne is as good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 60, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.068s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb