The last hooraaah


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
September 29th 2010
Published: September 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This is the last entry kids of our month long adventure.....

It is 10.30pm in New York City and here is how our day was today..

Raining today again but we have two umbrellas so who cares??? So off we went down town and thought we would have a look around near Central Park for somewhere nice to have breakfast !! Bingo - found a nice place - The New York Plaza Hotel - we know fancy pancy last of the big spenders etc etc - but man was it cool - did we mention that at our next table was Barbie's husband (James Browland??? we think thats his name) Barbara Striesand that is .... so the place could have been full of famous people - but we don't know any.... breakfast was a treat and it was seriously good and we were waited on like queens - punk denim clad queens with spiky hair (lous is still 1 inch long) and joggers - (Classey written all over us) ..

Then with our belly full we set off through Central park - the rain was only slight and we thought we would have a look around - but after 30 minutes in there - down it came - so, we hailed one of the 13,000 yellow cabs and went back uptown to 5th Avenue and 59th Street - umbrellas in bags and into a few more new shops that we hadn't seen- by the way, we forgot to tell you that things over here are just like home in relation to the male species shopping - they look bored shitless and they get so cross if there wives and partners take so long - cracks us up - why do they go ??? it must be there dumb gene coming out in them - shoes shoes shoes - Sandra would be in heaven and i think even Karen would get a pair shoes !! so many fantastic shoes but just so high !!! but shoes of the day yesterday and today are wellingtons - its a scream - 3 out of 5 people wear them - the ground is only just wet and you would swear we were in full flood warning mode - but let us tell you there are some pretty spunky wellingtons out there!!

Walking along in the rain and Lou hears the guy next to her say "Can you hold this?" and he hands over the umbrella - Lou says "sure" and cracks up when he turns to look at her - he nearly died because he was handing it to his mate behind him - very funny moment..

Jeans shop has big signs advertising there shops "Not all arses were created equal " hee hee hee

we decide to brave Bergdorf and Goodman - just because and well - that was certainly an experience - shit it must be painful and such hard work to be beautfiul!! Catching lift and this girl came in - she was ordinary looking and really short (kidding - really tall and stunning) modelling a channel outfit and she had her little sign to say that the range was on level 7 - she said that whilst she had a captive audience (Thel and Lou were the only ones there) she would try and sell us the whole ensom that she had on - and we'd like to tell you that she held it together very well - considering that we were looking at her with open mouths thinking - is she for real - she is a stick insect and the price of the shoes alone both Lou and Thel would have to save up for 6 months - let alone the tunic top and pants!!! It is an amazing shop though - just another world ...we were thinking of you Jan at that shop and at Crate and Barrel....

Now how big is New York - big yes ?? Guess who we ran into today - our waiter from last night - he looked pretty good today too...

We zig zagged again for another3 hours until we came home and tried to sort out the mess in the room - time to pack and try and fit in all the purchases of the last 4 weeks!! Doing well so far.... then off to another Thai place - which was excellent quality and they had Priscilla Queen of the Desert Sound track - but in Thai - very very funny....

Then.... we just went to see "Billy Elliot" and it was great, spectacular, powerful, loud, clever, funny and we loved it ... last one though and we are off now to make the final pack .. we then have the day up until 3pm to fill in and then off to the airport to check in for a 24 hour flight home!!! Yukk,kkkkkk

Where is Grant????

Love you all and looking forward to seeing you all when we get home...Thel and Lou xxxx



Advertisement



29th September 2010

so sad ... it's all over
sooooo sad for you both, the time has absolutely flown ........ can't wait to see you both again and hear the stories .... have fun packing !! hehehehe ... leave all those dirty knickers there ... should free up some space for the "absolutely must take it home stuff" .... safe travel and much love ..... xxx

Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0185s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb