it's raining - but who cares!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
September 28th 2010
Published: September 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hi y'all - not sure if you have read the past "two day" entry but here we are again - had another big sleep in this morning and although we have been blessed with weather but today the rain came - not heavy but here - what do you do in New York when it rains ????Hmm hardly anything to choose from - boring place that it is !!

MACEY"S MACEY"S MACEY"S MACEY"S MACEY"S MACEY"S MACEY"S MACEY"S MACEY"S MACEY"S MACEY"S ...

A whole block for one store - amazing - so we make sure that we get our extra Aussie discount (10%) voucher .. and you need to know that it really is all about us - bags of bloody stuff just for Thel and Lou - fabulous darlings fabulous... one and half floors of shoe - we kid you not - and sorry Toni but only come up to size 5.5 - no 5's at all ... the shoes are really out there and so much fun to look at - need a step ladder to get on any of them though or they are really really flat - bizzare - one or the other ..... the time just goes so fast when you are trapped in one of those stores... almost 5 hours trapped in the store !! and we only really saw 3 floors!!

we have had some funny things happen too through the day - the rain makes the city look a little different again - so pretty when you look down the street and see the sea of umbrellas coming your way.. there are a few career options we want to talk to you all about.... if moving to N.Y.

Do not : work of the 5th floor at Maceys shoe dept - very stressful or don't work out the front of a restaurant trying to get customers - don't be a doorman at motel - you only give out directions all day - don't be a subway worker especially down in the dungeon parts of the subway - don't try and sell tickets to people for bus tours - don't be a tour guide

Career paths that look okay - professional dog walkers - cute friends to walk with - podiatry would be high earner based on the shoes people tippy toe around in - do work at Waldorf with the nice man on the front door..

Went to "our little restaurant" for dinner - its now 9.15pm over here - it was beautiful and Lou fell in love with the waiter because he sounded just like Roger Federer - so he could have givne her any food and she would have been happy - but both Thel and Lou had a great meal and then went zig zagging again in the rain..... just left the restaurant when....

at a traffic light this italian guy pulled up and said " hey beautiful - what can i make for you ?? boy or girl?? it only takes 5 seconds?" - we cracked up - so did he - very funny...

Now - we haven't mentioned the dog walkers - but they are fascinating - there were lots in Ottowa too and there have been lots in central park - they look so cute because you can have a great dane and then a scottish terrier with a chihuahua - looks so funny and when all the dogs get together - they really just want to talk and hang out.......

We bought our tickets today for Billy Elliot musical tomorrow night and that will be our last night - cannot believe it really ... but if you looked at the apartment you would think - yep they have been shoping for 5 weeks !!! Shit it's a mess and Thel is thinking of getting 2nd suitcase tomorrow (lou already has hers!).

See you all soon - will write again tomorrow night love you all, Thel and Lou xxxxxx

Advertisement



28th September 2010

is it time to come home?
Are you off to some other great place that we are missing out on?? Enjoy the time you have left and we will see you soon. Lots love Sue and flit

Tot: 0.205s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0739s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb