Bridal Shower and B&B Parties


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
August 9th 2009
Published: September 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

The Bridal ShowerThe Bridal ShowerThe Bridal Shower

At The Fairlane Club
Hello everyone,

This blog is about the wonderful pre-wedding events we had in the summer of 2009 - Our wedding shower in Michigan and a combined Bachelor / Bachelorette Party in NYC!

Our Wedding Shower took place in Dearborn, Michigan at the Fairlane Club. We had a really nice private room where the ladies (plus, Larry and my Dad) ate a yummy brunch before diving into our heaps of lovely presents! We were very thankful that my Ma & Pa (Niki and Tom) arranged the whole shower for us, and my sister Lisa made us a cupcake tower. We were also very lucky to have some out-of-town guests that traveled for the occasion - Larry's Mom Carole, his sister Vicky and his Godmother/Aunt Georgina all the way from New York, and then my cousin Leanne and her daughter Caroline from North Carolina! Thank you everyone for all the wonderful presents - they are very much appreciated!

Next up, our combined Bachelor & Bachelorette Party in NY! Larry, Lisa and I drove to New York in the middle of August for this party and we stayed with our great friends Bryan, Allie & their son Jake in Port Washington. Besides our family and friends that lived in NY, it was also nice to see Danny & Jessica who came from Boston, and Mark who came all the way from Maryland. The day started off with the boys going golfing at Harbor Links and the girls going to NYC for shopping, lunch and mani's / pedi's at the famous Dashing Diva. As for Larry's golf outing, Bryan was nice enough to plan the whole day, which included some fun "golf games" like shot-gunning a beer before teeing off, choosing only one club to use for the entire hole, using his 2-year-old son Jake's golf club for one hole, and the "distraction hole" (where you could do whatever to distract the other players!) As for the girls' day out in NYC, Lisa organized and planned the whole thing for us. We had lunch at one of my favorite restaurants Blue Water Grille (which unfortunately made me sick later on that afternoon), then being pampered at Dashing Diva, and finally shopping and enjoying cupcakes at Washington Square Park. For dinner, the guys and girls all met up at Tony DiNapoli's (also in NYC) for a delicious family-style Italian dinner!


We were now ready to get married!!! 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Presents, Presents, PresentsPresents, Presents, Presents
Presents, Presents, Presents

Thank you everyone!
Vicky & Aunt GeorginaVicky & Aunt Georgina
Vicky & Aunt Georgina

Larry's sister and godmother
Cupcake TowerCupcake Tower
Cupcake Tower

We love cupcakes.
Fantastic GuestsFantastic Guests
Fantastic Guests

Karen, Victoria, Leanne, Caroline
Niki & TomNiki & Tom
Niki & Tom

Thanks for the wonderful shower!
Larry crashed the party.Larry crashed the party.
Larry crashed the party.

Under strict orders from Mom-in-law.
More CupcakesMore Cupcakes
More Cupcakes

Niki made a few extra for Larry.
The Girls' Day OutThe Girls' Day Out
The Girls' Day Out

Jessica, Lisa, Melanie, Nancy


Tot: 0.244s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 91; dbt: 0.1253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb