Our Wonderful Wedding


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Michigan
September 4th 2009
Published: September 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone,

This is without a doubt going to be one of our most important blogs yet - Our wedding day!

After many months of planning (and stressing out), trips to Michael's craft store, and turning my parents' basement into "Wedding Factory USA", it was finally time to celebrate our big day! Looking back, especially after seeing how quickly the day went by, the planning process has kept a lasting memory for us. We would strongly recommend that future brides and grooms-to-be also consider playing a large role in the planning of their own wedding!

Both Larry and I enjoyed creating personal touches for our wedding, which included our invitations, ceremony & vows, programs, menus, passport namecards, table cards, etc. Even though at times we were stressed and felt overwhelmed, we can't imagine having it any other way. Everyone noticed all of our personal touches and it made the entire day that much more memorable and special. We really tried to share the past 5 years of our life together so far with those who attended our wedding.

These are some of the things we won't forget: Our 10-foot long pink candy table, Larry crying in his vows to me, going on a beautiful carriage ride around Greenfield Village, our "passport" namecards, our Photo Booth, the amazing slideshow that Danny created for us (that pushed dinner back a half hour!), our martini luge, choreographed introductions and our first dance, the power going out (during our first dance), and of course, all of the wonderful family and friends who were there on our special day!

We couldn't have had this wonderful day without the help of many people including all of our parents, siblings, wedding party, and friends. We'd also like to thank some of our special vendors that contributed so much to our day - Michael Gibson from the Dearborn Inn, Donna & Carol from Greenfield Village, Fred Page (our pastor), Rose (our pianist), Bree (our lovely singer), Jenan from Yasmeena's Floral, DJ Lou from Beat Crazy, Mike from The Talent Network, and our photographers - Brett Mountain and Dan Lippitt.

It takes a lot of effort and planning for just one single day...but if it's done right, you'll create a memory that will last an entire lifetime! Thank you everyone!

Love,
Melanie & Larry




Additional photos below
Photos: 163, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



27th September 2010

WAW.......
How happy and in love you both look, keep it that way. What a wonderful memory, a pitty John cannot see it any more........ Love you both, Hans of John.

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb