New York day 1


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
May 23rd 2007
Published: May 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello Big Apple! After a big American breakfast we set out to explore the city. First stop - the Rockefeller Centre, home of the NBC studios and the film set for the Today show. We then walked up to the Empire State Building and spent about 40 minutes up the top looking at the amazing New York skyline. Had a big New York slice of pizza for lunch before catching the subway to the former World Trade Centre site. Seeing the photo memorial and reading over the events of that day was pretty full-on. Even though it was six years ago now, seeing that big hole in the ground brought the day back afresh.

We wandered down to Battery Park - the place where the first immigrants to New York landed so many years ago. The park looks out to the Statue of Liberty and is a colourful place with street performers and little stalls. There was also a film-shoot going on! We didn’t recognise any of the actors but it was fun to watch the cast and crew.

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE DAY:

LUKE: Seeing a film-shoot in Battery Park.
RICHARD: Listening to my ‘audio-tour’ of the
Empire stateEmpire stateEmpire state

Lauren and her yankee friends, Ellen and Andrea, on top of the Empire State Building.
city from the top of the Empire State Building.
LAUREN: Catching up with old friends, Ellen and Andrea.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Richard tucks inRichard tucks in
Richard tucks in

Richard tries a New York hot-dog
Hollywood in New YorkHollywood in New York
Hollywood in New York

A film-shoot in Battery Park


Tot: 0.269s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb