5 Best Places to Visit in New York in June


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York
June 1st 2018
Published: June 8th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Hey there! Are you ready with your bags packed and your sunglasses on ready for your much-awaited June holiday to New York? This was us last year, but the main thing we would have done differently would be to have created an itinerary and booked onto tours and made reservations in advance. There is an overwhelming about of things to see and do, and if you aren’t organised you’ll realise that it is time to go home and you’ve not seen half the things you wanted to.

Here’s a list of 5 great places to visit in New York in June, make sure to add them to your itinerary now. If you are planning on visiting lots of attractions, then getting a New York Pass could be worth it. Make a list of everything you want to see, then work out what the Pass includes to work out if it is a worthwhile investment.



1. 9/11 Memorial & Museum- The National September 11 Memorial and Museum also known as 9/11 Memorial & Museum is a place synonymous with New York city’s most significant landmark. The mission of this magnificent museum is to honour those who lost their lives. Through its visual stories and the rescued artefacts, the museum takes you back in time, capturing the series of events that took place on September 11, 2001 that left the whole world in shock. This experience is bound to touch your heart and will inevitably leave a lasting impact on your mind and soul. At the heart of it, the 9/11 Memorial & Museum stands tall as a symbol and testimony of unity to and for the world even in the most testing times.



2. Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum- Built in 1959, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum is yet another iconic landmark for New York City situated in the Upper East Side of Manhattan. The museum is as popular for its avante- garde architecture, designed by renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright, as for the magnificent collection of art works by eminent artists as Pablo Picasso, Willem de Kooning, Marc Chagall, Jackson Pollock, Alberto Giacometti, René Magritte and others of the like.



3. Statue of Liberty- The very famous Statue of Liberty, is a beacon of beauty, and definitely calls for no introduction. It is hands down the most astounding figure and perhaps amongst the first and very few which you can identify and view right from the sky even before you touch down New York. Formally known as "Liberty Enlightening the World", the Statue of Liberty got recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1984. To name a few of the many reasons making it a must-visit place in New York: to witness its magnanimity, the monumental statue is a 305.6 feet awe-striking structure; to honour the reason for what it stands for- both literally and metaphorically- that is freedom and to know more about the history of this colossal structure.



4. Ellis Island Ferry- For the nautical lover in you, getting on the Ellis Island Ferry is a must-do in New York. This cruise trip from New York will give you a fresh perspective for experiencing the city and its beauty differently. You can get a variety of cruise options to choose from primarily based on the viewing experience and sightseeing facilities that they provide. Through these ferry rides, you get to reach Liberty Island for visiting the Statue of Liberty as well as Ellis Island to visit the very popular the Ellis Island Immigration Museum.



5. Top of the Rock Observation Deck- Situated at the Rockefeller Center, Top of the Rock Observation Deck provides a 360-degree-view of the stunning New York City’s skyline. Located at a sweeping height of approximately 850 feet above the ground level, Top of the Rock provides a spell bounding view of the city’s landscape. The aerial view from it covers all the eminent landmarks of New York and everything in between- from the Chrysler Building to the Brooklyn Bridge, from the Brooklyn Bridge to the Statue of Liberty and from the Central Park to the Chrysler Building. It’s a state-of-the-art observation deck that will provide you with a one of its kind experience by manifesting a dazzling picture of New York that you couldn’t have been imagined otherwise. It’s definitely one mesmerizing experience that you will never forget.





Voila! So with that we come to the end of our list, I hope you enjoyed the read. Have a great time exploring the Big Apple!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.548s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 17; qc: 59; dbt: 0.2704s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb