East Coast USA Day 22


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » Watkins Glen
October 10th 2011
Published: October 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Binghamton to Watkins Glen


We awake early, still feeling a little tired, we now head off to Watkins Glen, the country side is beautiful, the hills are covered in trees of many autumn colours, shades of gold, peach, yellow with glorious splashes of apple red and green! We stop at Taughannock Falls State Park falls and walk to the trail up to the falls, the autumn trees again gather on the rocky hillsides and cliffs leading to the falls, the leaves gently fall like butterflies! We arrive at the waterfall and again it is a beautiful sight, this country side is amazing. We head now to our Motel and as we head into Watkins Glen it reminds me of the township of Ballarat, Victoria in Australia, it has that old worldly feeling.We arrive at our Motel that is on the shore of Seneca lake and it's pleasant to see that our room is overlooking the lake. We unpack and settle in and then head off out to do some laundry and a small familiarization walk around the town streets,it's heading into Halloween and most of the houses have pumpkins, scrareymonsters and lights which adorn there front gardens & porches!
We have some dinner at the hotel and head back to our room. They have turned back our bed with A mint on our pillows, what a lovely thought! Weather............... cool!

Accommodation:

Watkins Glen Harbour Hotel
16 North Franklin St
Watkins Glen New York

Thoughts: This is a great place to stay,The Harbour hotel was recently built(as of this blogging day it does not appear on Google Earth) and has fantastic views of Seneca lake and the Harbour.The Turn Down Service is great,your out for a meal,return and the bed has been turn down with a mint awaiting and a Poem on a card....nice touch! Meals are pricey at the Harbour Hotel and next door does fantastic seafood at a lesser price.
Watkins Glen is well known for its racing track and on a big race weekend meet,it books out and it would be advisable to always book in advance for your accommodation.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



25th February 2012

Our every website has a digital look, our every design based on a theme. Creator Shadow designs everything you need to successfully market your horror-themed business, logo design & branding, web site design, marketing/key artwork, poster design, ticket d
Our every website has a digital look, our every design based on a theme. Creator Shadow designs everything you need to successfully market your horror-themed business, logo design & branding, web site design, marketing/key artwork, poster design, ticket design, coupon design, banner design, t-shirt design and all at unbelievable cost. halloween usa website

Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 16; qc: 65; dbt: 0.07s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb