Niagra Falls,NY


Advertisement
Published: May 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

If you come to America,you should be destined to see the Niagra Falls.Without much a say,it is inevitably the most beautiful romantic wonder.We,a group of friends,decided to take a road trip from a much populated New Jersey through the calm serenity of New York state to Niagra at Buffalo.I remember it was a overnight trip,least to say we lost our directions in New Jersey and reached Buffalo at sun rise.We stayed in a small motel and took a nap.

While we parked our car at the parking lot in Buffalo,I saw some tall buildings from the 3 storied parking plaza and on close inspection I read CANADA on one of the tall towers.Now imagine standing on American soil,so far no view of the falls and in less than a mile you see buildings that belong to Canada,a country that I have only heard about from my Uncle and Aunt and its beauty only felt through TV.This was the first wonder of Niagra.

We started walking by following some directions to the falls.Still no fall in sight.From a distance I see a bridge,Rainbow bridge and two flags in its center,the American and Canadian flag.I saw people walking across this bridge,not just any crossing,but a half mile walk to Canada.So now,you had a heavy American meal and you fancy a brisk walk,well just hike up the bridge and take a shot of coffee in Canada.That amazing!

And then we saw the Niagra Falls.It was not just four lakes culminating in a free fall,but a manifestation of a white (Christian) bridal dress skirting to the ground with utmost elegance.lt was both beautiful and majestic.The roar of the fall and the mighty force of water did not deminish the beauty of a white misty silk embracing the blue waters of the Niagra. Standing by the Observation Deck we got a beautiful view of the American Falls.We took a boat trip,popularly known as the Maid of the Mist,that took us parallel to the American Falls and right at the mouth of the Canadian Horse Shoe.At this point the mist of the Horse Shoe fell on us like torrential rain with high winds.We were soaked beneath our blue water-proof plastic coats.

If you dare,as we did, visit the Hurricane Cove.This is a section of the American Falls that falls steep almost touching a man-made wooden bridge,where people stand for just a few minutes to experience hurricane winds and deftening roar of the Fall.Some more daring people stand at the extreme of the bridge,almost touching the powerful waters and bend their heads to get a vertical view of the monstrous Fall.

Last but not the least was a view of the Niagra Falls at night from the Observation Deck.This is perhaps the most sensational moment.Beams of colorful rays thrown from the Canadian side,illuminating the Niagra Falls in rainbow colors providing a mesmerizing view that any visitor would treasure forever.

We also stopped by Scranton Lake in Pennsylvania on our way back home.










Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0159s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb