New York & Cruise trip 2013


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
October 7th 2013
Published: October 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We have been through Central Park. It is lovely and green. There are 7 separate lakes and so many places to just sit and enjoy the weather. Plenty of playgrounds for children. I never knew that there would be so many large rocky outcrops. Apparently New York is built on rock. They have also reclaimed a lot of land especially in the early years.

We went to the American Museum of Natural History. Quite amazing with all the stuffed animals and dinosaur types on show - a lot of work has gone into these exhibits.

Went to the Guggenheim. Ticked off my bucket list by viewing a Renoir, Monet, Picasso, Gaugain and others

Saw the Flatiron building. Also on the bus they showed us Millionaires Row where there are still mansions as they used be. Beautiful buildings and luckily they are now protected. Plenty of buildings were torn down and new buildings were put up but now that can no longer happen.

You can't believe how they cram a building into the smallest of spaces.

The Hop on Hop Off bus was great as were taken through Harlem that is now quite trendy. Went past the Apollo Theatre where the likes of Michael Jackson got their start. The bus took us past the Yankee Stadium, very impressive over the Brooklyn Bridge. We went Greenwich Village, through Chinatown and Little Italy.

New York is busy, loud and large. Last night we went to a Broadway show Rock of Ages. The threatre only held approximately 500 people and it really didn't matter where you sat you had a great view. The show was fantastic. Very funny and great singers and a great rock band. We had lunch prior, and we took a photo of our nachos. Ken and Noveen shared and weren't able to finish it!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Museum of Natural HistoryMuseum of Natural History
Museum of Natural History

Lyn & Noveen with bony residents


Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb