Day 12 - New York City


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
May 26th 2010
Published: May 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

BreakfastBreakfastBreakfast

The others ate across the street, but mine was better!
Hi, All

Today we woke up in Philadelphia, PA and from our room on the ninth floor we can see the awesome sky line of downtown Philadelphia, Independence Hall, and the Phillis stadium, wow what a view.
We went to old town and saw the Liberty Bell and took dozens of pictures. From there it only took an hour and a half to get to New Jersey where we have a hotel for the next two nights. We had to walk about a mile up hill to catch a bus into New York City which only took about seven minutes to get there, oh and we went through the Lincoln Tunnel. We arrived about two blocks from Time Square, but we wanted to go up the Empire State Building first.
The walking distance was very minimal it seemed from point A to point B. The view from the top was breathless, it seemed like everyone was speaking in hushed tones. From the Empire State Building we walked back to Time Square, and what a sight we did see, we took a lot of pictures there too. By the time we figured out the bus system back to the hotel we thought our feet were going to fall off, or so Julia said and I (Pam) concur. That bus ride only took around five minutes, I can’t believe our hotel is so close to the City. Tomorrow we take the city bus on/off tour and the Statue Of Liberty tour.
Good Night All

-Pam


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

Empire State BuildingEmpire State Building
Empire State Building

No Sheldon, no monkeys!
Top of Empire State BuildingTop of Empire State Building
Top of Empire State Building

Do you see the Lady Liberty? We will tomorrow.


26th May 2010

Did you eat all of the chocolate. Is that what is keeping you going? I love seeing our American history vicariously through all of you. Now the kids can teach me.

Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 12; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb