Day 49


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York
August 18th 2009
Published: August 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

We had a little bit of a sleep-in today but didnt wanna waste away our first day of sightseeing the New York City.
We got up and made our way to Times Square to meet with Lauren. We made our way to the meeting point for our TV and Movie Sites Tour.
The tour started at 11am and on it we saw alot including the Library from Ghostbusters, The Flatiron Building, The house from I am Legend, a few sites from Gossip Girl, The Bowery Ballroom from Coyote Ugly, Bens Pizza from Men in Black II (we had lunch here too), The restaurant from Big Daddy that they pee on, the Law Courts from Law and Order, The firehouse from Ghostbusters, The house from the Crosby Show, The friends apartment, and various other things before finishing up at the Hotel they use in Gossip Girl.
After this we made our way down to Grand Central Station to take some photos..a very cool train station. When we came out though it was pouring with rain
so we waited it our before making our way up the street quite abit to Tiffany & Co on Fifth Ave. We restained ourselves...this time!
We then ventred past the Trump Tower then on to Abercrombie where i gathered another 2 photos with the hot hot models at the front haha.
We then wandered quite abit more down into Central Park. We went and saw the Hans Christian Anderson Statue wich was put there in honor off the children who lost their parents in 9/11. They do a story telling hour there every Saturday morning between June and September. We then moved on to the Alice in Wonderland statue. Then crossed the park to Strawberry Fields, the memorial to John Lennon which is in the park just opposite the Dakota Hotel (where he was shot).
After this we went back to the hotel to get cleaned up before catching a cab back to Laurens Hotel to meet up with a few others for dinner. We ended up having dinner just across the road from their hotel, lucky because while we were in there a huge thunderstorm had decided to form over NYC. The lightening was crazy, and the thunder was so loud, and it was pouring...we stayed in the restaurant for abit then decided it was time to make a dash for it... with plates (provided by the restaurant) covering our heads we dashed across the road and into the safety of the hotel. After all this and a day of sightseeing we decided to call it a night 9yes, i know we were in New York City but sightseeing is tough work!! and we still had plenty to do tomorrow!)



Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.569s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 14; qc: 84; dbt: 0.2122s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb