Day 1 Adventures


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
March 29th 2016
Published: March 29th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Since it was raining this morning we decided that, instead of exploring SoHo, we would go to The American Museum of Natural History.

After a brief subway ride (during which we did NOT get lost, we just had some trouble finding the right take-off point for a certain line) we arrived and boy was the line long! It stretched almost to the end of the block, and we're talking NYC Avenue block. Fortunately the line moved rather quickly and we were inside in no time.

Once inside we made jaunts through several of the main halls (of which there are 45), our favorites being the Marine Life, the Meteorites, The Gems/Minerals, and the Dinosaurs. We were even able to catch a show at the Hayden Planetarium!

After this we were of course very hungry, so we did dinner in SoHo at the Beijing Pop Kabob-a very cute little Chinese place with great food and wonderful service for much cheaper than you would expect. They even boxed up the leftovers (which of course I ate an hour later-I mean I did have to walk back up 5 flights of stairs!).

Once we were all full and showered, we decided the plan for tomorrow morning: leave by 8, get breakfast, hope a train to Brooklyn and be there for our tour of Bethel at 9. Once we all said our goodnights it was off to their rooms and night-night. My air mattress and I will be doing the same here shortly.

From all of us Traveling Penguins a very good night from Manhatten!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

LeftoversLeftovers
Leftovers

First it was Supper, then it was Dinner!
Air Mattress Air Mattress
Air Mattress

Much more comfotable than the pullout couch.


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb