Horse riding camp, picnic at the park and a friend from Oxford


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
August 19th 2014
Published: August 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Father & daughterFather & daughterFather & daughter

Breakfast at Maison Kayser's
Grace went off to her horse riding camp on Randalls Island this morning unaware of the surprise in store for her. After she'd dropped Grace off there Kerrii and Rupert met Kev and I at Maison Kayser's for breakfast; advertised as a Parisian Artisan Boulanger while the food was good they certainly have no idea how to make a decent cup of tea!

Kerrii then went her way while we went our way with Rupert. Back to our apartment we packed a picnic lunch and headed off to Carl Schurz Park. From there we walked to Randalls Island to watch Grace show off her horse riding skills before walking her back to her apartment.

During this time Kerrii had travelled to Newark, New Jersey International Airport to pick up Grace's friend Lucy who'd flown in from the UK. This was to be a surprise for Grace. Lucy and Grace were both born at RPA, Sydney within five days of each other; over the years a great friendship developed. When Grace moved to NYC just over three years ago the pair kept in touch via emails and Skype. Then Lucy moved with her family to Oxford and with school holidays in the UK and USA at the same time a plan was put together for Lucy to fly here to spend some time with Grace. Lucy was in on the plot of course but neither Grace or Rupert had any idea. SO, by the time we arrived back at Grace and Rupert's apartment from Randalls Island Kerrii was already back from the airport with Lucy. Once in the apartment Grace sat down on the lounge and was told "Close you eyes, we have a surprise for you" ; when she opened her eyes there stood Lucy. No screaming or yelling; in a quiet calm voice Grace just said "Hello Lucy" - it was classic! Now the fun begins!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Grace & LucyGrace & Lucy
Grace & Lucy

Surprise!


20th August 2014
Now for the unpacking

Grace
What a lovely surprise for Grace.

Tot: 1.092s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 12; qc: 70; dbt: 0.9051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb