Alaska, Canada and NYC Day 30


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
June 28th 2014
Published: June 29th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Another day, another noisy wake up.....

New York New York..... Another slow start but we have plans. Off to the piers for a scenic boat tour. Walk down 42nd all the way to the Hudson River. Interesting walk through some dodgy parts of town but we survived. Heading for a 1230 trip around the entire Manhattan island. Get to the ferry with a little time to spare and our pass gets us on quickly. This pass is good value -we have already covered our payment amount and getting throughout the queues quickly in some parts is great...

Anywhoo - in to the cruise ship -if you could call it that.... Busy ferry with lots of people up top in the sun - we want cover so decide downstairs is good. Commentary is vibrant and constant -read loud.......

Off we go in a cloud of dust - not quite, bit if you listen to the commentary you would think that was happening. Actually quite informative so I back off in my thought patterns. Get to the Statue of Liberty and lots of pics coz it is on my side..... Then more stuff about ellis island as well so god information.

Then it gets a bit boring once we get to queens and Bronx. Stuff on Brooklyn sounds great so that is a target for future walks or trips.

Get back to the dock and off the ferry. Beside us is the USS Intrepid museum. Another NYPass attraction - in we go.... Amazing facts about this aircraft carrier from the second world war through to the Vietnam conflict. Very interesting walking inside one of these floating worlds....

Finish this -by the way, did I say the temperature was around 30c... Flagging a little.

Walk back along W46th. Interesting walk. Club raging with lots of music, etc.. Oh dear, boys on the tables dancing and kissing - appears we have hit the gay pride area of town. Tomorrow there I'd a gay pride march through NYC so they are warming up today....we keep going and end up in Times Square. Naked cowboy with his guitar, naked Statue of Liberty lady with little boobies and lots of other interesting dudes - including Elmo, buzz light year and others........

Gotta love this town.... We get around the crowds and make it to 6th where there is a market test fills the street. Chris wants a new hat coz the sun is a kicker so we find one thT fits. Then off to the park for a well earned beer. Very nice to sit and enjoy a quiet space.

Back to the hotel and decide that dinner at the restaurant in the hotel soundos good - Koi. Come back down and chat to the concierege about broadway shows and leaving our bags while we do Niagara Falls. All good Sarah the concierge has been great.

In the restaurant and sit for a while then into a booth. Drinks and order dinner - wow, great choice. The food is spectacular. Finally out and off to bed for Chris - long day.

I sit on the balcony enjoying a corona we bought earlier and doing the blog stuff while listening to the NYC noises - tough life - enjoy.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.1342s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1013.7kb