and the saga continues


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
October 31st 2012
Published: October 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday, Shelly went down to add an extra night since our cruise was going to leave on thursday. We then went out to lunch - found a pizza place where we could buy slices - and brought them back. I just worked. Then last night stuff started opening, we had a few more choices for food. We found a great Chinese restaurant and had some great food, then went to a wine bar and a pub.

Got back and we got a note that the cruise was now leaving Friday and that is IF they can get a berth in Manhattan (we were supposed to be leaving from the Bronx). I just wish we knew if the cruise was going to be cancelled.

Wake up this am and our hotel bill is under the door. Hum. Shelly calls down and they never put the extra night into the computer and they are trying to kick us out. They said if we stayed they would charge us $600 a nigthht. Everything in NYC is booked solid. This is a nightmare – they were calling Shelly a lair on the phone. IT was bad. We will be writing Hilton a letter when we get back. Then she went down to talk with them. We got the room rate knocked down to $400 but yesterday they said that that it would be $208. Both front desk folks that Shelly talked to yesterday were there today and lied about it all. There will be a letter to Hilton. So we are here for another night because we can’t find anything but we have booked the Westin for tomorrow night. Albeit it’s $400 too, but it’s a nicer hotel than the Garden Inn.

Today I think we are going to find a movie or something. I want my vacation to start.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.547s; Tpl: 0.037s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0951s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb