Saturday NYC


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
October 13th 2012
Published: October 30th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It was finally Saturday which was our last day in New York City! Sunday morning at 5:30 we would be leaving! We took taxis and went to CBS at 10. That was the first taxi ride me and Kacey had taken the whole trip!

We got checked in at CBS and we were off on our tour. If I worked at CBS I know I would definitely be getting lost because that place is huge! The guy showing us around showed us TV rooms where they control what is being shown at a certain time. One of the guys that was talking to our group let us know that we need to be great writers because you are going to write a lot in the broadcast and advertising field. We learned that most of the time you have only a couple minutes to get your message out on-air. We saw the set of CBS sports which was amazing! We also saw the set of CBS This Morning. In this room there was the first World Map they ever used on-air for CBS.

Everyone was going to the OU bar called, "Overlook Sports" but me and Kacey wanted to go to Central Park. We probably ended up walking a thousand miles that day, no joke. We made it to Central Park and walked around. After that we went on a journey to the OU bar. We stopped along the way to get some food. On our way we saw where a TV show or movie was filming which was pretty cool! We made it to the bar and were only there for maybe 10-20 minutes. I made my own plan to go to the MET and to Strawberry Fields. That didn't work out because the person that was supossed to go with me never showed up. I am actually glad I didn't end up doing that because that would have taken all day and there just wasn't enough time.

However, I did get to see the Statue of Liberty with this girl Rebecca. We took the subway to Battery Park. It took a little while to figure out where to buy tickets for the ferry. A nice guy from the Bronx sold us our tickets. The tickets were normally 17 according to the actual sign but he only charged us 15 dollars! We only had to wait about 15 minutes and then we went on the ferry to see the Statue. The tourguide on the ferry talked about long island and told us facts about New York. We also got to see all of the NYC buildings from the water as well! We couldn't go the little island the Statue of Liberty was on because there was construction. The construction should be over in about a year from what the tourguide said. It was still amazing being that close to the Statue!

Afterwards, we went back to the hotel and met up with Kacey. We went and ate at this interesting Mexican restaurant. I do not know if I would call it Mexican because they didn't have quesadillas or enchiladas! After that we walked to the EmpireState building. Then we went to Urban Outfitters to shop! We got back to the hotel pretty early at around 12 a.m.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.037s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0171s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1017.4kb