Empire State Building and Spiderman


Advertisement
Published: May 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

On top of the buildingOn top of the buildingOn top of the building

We didn't have to wait too long to get up to the top
MATTHEW

In the morning we went up the Empire State Building. I could see pretty much all of New York from up there and I could fit my head through the railings so I could look all the way down the edge - I don't think I'm doing that again. Took plenty of photos of the Chrysler Building and the new World Trade Centre which is still being built but is now the tallest building.

After we took in the views we went to Macys and Mum bought a kitchen thingy and posted it back home. The post office in New York is more like an ancient Greek building as opposed to a regular one with stone pillars and marble floors. It took a while to get it posted which wasn't much fun but once that was over we walked over to the hotel where Dad's conference was being held on 44th and Broadway.

We had lunch there close to Times Square and then we went to visit the Toys R Us store. It's a huge, as in big enough to hold a ferris wheel, I mean literally there wa a ferris wheel in the middle of it.
Chrysler BuildingChrysler BuildingChrysler Building

A famous building from the top of Empire State


Then we went to see Spiderman on Broadway. It was kind of what I expected it to be, like Spiderman flying over the audience with wires. I should say spidermen as there at least 15 spidermen all playing different roles. The costumes were pretty believable except for this wierd lizard guy who was just a guy running around with a lizard's upper body sticking out of his tummy and the lizard's lower body sticking out of his back. They ended up bowing about 5 times all together at the end of the show. From where we were sitting was a platform where Spiderman would leap off to beat up the green goblin, or save a falling baby or something.

CHRIS

The Empire State Building is one of America's big buildings and its famous. You could see about 6 miles each way and could see the Statute of Liberty at Liberty Island.

At the Spiderman show it showed you Spiderman's whole life story and you get to see him flying through the air kicking and punching and he was connected to a cord. It was shown on Broadway which is where big plays and musicals in America
The top from the topThe top from the topThe top from the top

We were not quite at the top
are held.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Hudson RiverHudson River
Hudson River

This is the river a plane landed in two years ago
BuildingsBuildings
Buildings

The city is enormous
SpidermanSpiderman
Spiderman

This is the theatre on Broadway where we went to see the show Spiderman


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb