New York day two: And then it snowed.

United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
October 30th 2011
Published: November 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So we woke up today and to our dismay we woke up to snow! Of course being three Canadian girls we were not scared so we suited up and went out into the cold. We decided since the weather was so bad we would head to the Metropolitan museum. We showed up and because of our wonderful New York Passes, which I forgot to info you all of last time but if you want more info goggle it, we didn't have to wait in line. We got in and took our sweet ass time going through the first few galleries when we realized that we had taken two hours to get through 1/8th of the museum. After that we went through the rest of the galleries in 45 minutes at breakneck speeds.

We left the Met and headed downtown to the 9/11 Tribute Museum. They almost didn't let us in cause they wanted to go home early but we begged and looked pathetic. In we headed and although the museum is small I was quite moved. We would've gone to the actual 9/11 memorial but due to construction it was only open with prearranged tickets.

After so much cold and excitement we headed back to our Harlem hovel and had an exciting meal of frozen pizza while we got ready for our first Halloween party. We decked ourselves out in our dead Disney princesses garb and headed out looking good and dead. The party was in an odd roof top bar with a bowling alley and mini golf. Not much to rely except we got good and drunk off free tequila shots and 10$ drinks, danced with Telitubbies, and stole mini golf clubs and then ate the best pizza ever.

Day three started in a bit of a haze but we dragged out hungover asses out of bed at 8am to head to Times Square to buy Broadway show tickets only to discover that the evening tickets didn't go on sale until 3 pm. That freed up our morning to walk around Fifth ave and Rockefeller Centre. We went to the top of the Rock as they call it and saw New York from above but during the day this time. Beautiful! We then got our tickets to Mary Poppins and headed to the Guggenheim.

The Guggenheim was under construction so the rotunda was closed and we got through the galleries in 20 minutes. We were all so exhausted at this point that we just wanted to relax in a coffee shop before the play.

The play that night was unbelievable! They had an entire house for a set with four huge moving parts and at one point Burt walked across the top of the stage while tap dancing. Mary Poppins left by flying directly over our heads on wires! Amazing! Another fantastic day in NY.


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb