neilandjoyce


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
September 20th 2011
Published: September 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Raining this morning, so a damp start to the day. Breakfast at Subway, and on to the Uptown Loop bus, and free rain ponchos. Got off at the Dakota Building and took some photos. Walked across the road to Central Park and took photos of the Imagine sign in the pavement, and photos of Strawberry Fields. Walked across the park and took photos of the lake, Naumberg bandshell, Bethesda Fountain terrace area, Alice in Wonderland statue, and the Lake Boathouse. The boathouse was closed due to an industrial protest. They were quite vocal about it, too. We had a cuppa at a little place on the pond, and had a chat to some english people there. Ended up back on the bus and got off at Times Square again. Went to a few stores to look around. Toys 'R' Us was massive. Joyce bought a top at Forever 21. Back at the hotel resting before heading out for dinner, and the night tour of Brooklyn.

Manhattan at night on the bus is very colourful. Traffic was again chaotic as the UN is in session, and President Obama is in town. Went down through Chinatown and Little Italy, and over the Manhattan Bridge to Brooklyn. What a difference, quiet sidewalks, no crowds, and a gas station. Don't know if it is true or not, but the guide on the bus told us that it is illegal to run out of gas in New York City. There is a hefty fine apparently. The Manhattan skyline is pretty impressive at night, although we think Hong Kong is more colourful at night.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0559s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb