neilandjoyce


Advertisement
United Kingdom's flag
Europe » United Kingdom » England » Leicestershire » Hinckley
September 24th 2011
Published: September 24th 2011
Edit Blog Post

21 September

Spent the morning at Waldorf-Astoria for a coffee and tea. Difficult to get in as Pres Obama is staying there and heaps of security personnel around. Had to go through airpoty style security to get in. Walked up to Central Park and strolled along 57th Avenue. Had lunch at a little deli.

Back to the hotel for a rest, and dinner on the cheap. Went out to a bar on 9th Avenue and chatted to some locals during happy hour. $3- bottles of beer, pretty good.

22 September

Last day in the big apple. Went to Times Square and had lunch at the Red Lobster. I had a lobster tail, scallops, and prawns. Just had soup in a sourdough bowl followed by prawns. Delicious. Schuttle to the airpoty about 3 for 6.30pm flight with Continental to the UK. Flight went well and arrive in London morning of 23rd.
Checked into hotel at 10, and booked a Buckingham Palace and Royal Mews tour. What a life those royals lead. Booked an evening Taste of London tour with Cosmos. Had a lovely meal at the Olde Dick Hotel, followed by a cruise down the Thames at night. Very nice.

24 September

Off on our 21 day British Isles tour. First stop was Hampton Court Palace for photos. Continued on past Windsor Castle and Runnymede to Oxford for photo stop and lunch. One of our passengers went missing, and we waited an hour for her to turn up. Finally left without her, and headed for Stratford Upen Avon for walk and photos. Police rang our tour guide to tell her that the missing traveller had turned up, and was being put in a taxi to our overnight stop at Hinckley in Leicestershire. Our tour continued on to Coventry for photos of the old and new cathedral. The old one was bombed by the Germans in WW2. The hotal rang to advise that our missing person had arrived safely. We went to the hotel for included dinner. Heaps to eat. Off to bed for not so early start tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.17s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0776s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb