Day 80: The Lion King on Broadway


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » New York » New York » Manhattan
July 17th 2011
Published: July 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

This morning we had a great sleep in after our two eventful days in Washington. At midday we caught the train from New Jersey into Penn Station in New York City. We walked about 13 blocks to the Minskoff Theatre where we were going to watch the Lion King on Broadway. We encountered some very grumpy New Yorkers on the way there!
The musical was totally amazing and worth every cent, we both really enjoyed it. The kids who played Simba and Nala when they were younger were both incredibly talented and only 11 years old. The show went for about 2 1/2 hours, which was pretty long so by the time we got out we were getting hungry for dinner.
We walked about half an hour to try and find a cheap meal, but ended up spending heaps of money anyway because we found a self serve place with the veges and pasta etc, and also heaps of fresh fruit. So I think both of us spent about $14 each mainly on fruit! But it was worth it because it was so good. We had a bit of a wander around and Rach bought a really cool new Android phone, which was a total bargain. Then we caught the Subway back to New Jersey, and there were alot of really crazy people of the train so we were grateful that Susan picked us up from the train station!
We haven't got any photos to upload for the next few days at this stage, because Rach unfortunately lost her camera at the Met, so everyone fingers crossed that it gets handed in sometime over the next few days!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb